To provide resources and programs for the congregation which welcome and affirm LGBTQ (Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/
- Offer religious education that incorporates LGBTQ issues
- Participate in and support efforts to create justice, freedom and equality for LGBTQ people in the larger society
- Offer workshops and programs on LGBTQ and diversity issues
- Review and recommend the inclusion of affirmative non-discrimination clauses in congregation documents and publicity
- Promote the use of inclusive language and content as a regular part of the worship services and other internal meetings/events.
How you can help:
- Help to work for marriage rights, protection and full rights for all.
- Support the Welcoming Congregation by attending Welcoming Congregation workshops and events such as –LGBTQ theme movies, game nights, and participating in our community outreach – Lifebridge, seniors, LGBTQ teens, and other UU Welcoming Congregations.
- Help to affirm LGBTQ’s in our UUCM congregation and the community at large.
- Participate with us in June LGBTQ & Allies Pride Month – Sunday Pride Service, Annual Art Exhibit, annual LGBTQ picnic and Boston’s LGBTQ Pride Parade, always the second Saturday of June.
- Wear one of the many UUCM Pride T-shirts.
- Wear a rainbow ribbon in your name badge to show support for diversity in our lives.